Many people don’t understand that it just takes a microscopic amount of lead in house dust to poison a child. This is a favorite article that is an example of this. A family was poisoned because they got an old salvaged door (dip-stripped off site, before bringing it home) to give their newer construction home more character. Prepping this door for installation poisoned their baby. Please read… and please don’t ever sand previously lead painted building components in your home or in your yard (or in your garage for that matter.) The risk of tracking this microfine (invisible) lead dust throughout your house and poisoning your babies is just too great.