Now is the time to plan ahead for summer!
Once our film is complete, the Lead Safe America Foundation will gear up for a Summer fifty (50!) city tour of Lead Safe America events, including (when possible/ depending on resources/ agency partners and available locations):
• free-to-the-public XRF consumer goods testing,
• free-to-the-public “instant” blood lead testing (with the LeadCare2),
• free-to-the-public lead-paint test kits,
• free-to-the-public screenings of MisLEAD with post-screening discussions with local experts, and
• CEU opportunities for childcare providers, doctors and nurses for event participation (usually 3 CEU hours.)
These will be sponsored events (with costs shared by local agencies and corporate partners.)
Here’s a link of locations/ hosts for events we have done to date: http://leadsafeamerica.org/highlights/
With each summer presentation we will work closely with a local parent of a lead-poisoned child to make sure we reach local parents and childcare groups in the area.
We have some potential corporate sponsors to help agencies who do not have funds for all of the sponsorship fees for the events, but we are working first on getting a sense of agency interest (city, states, counties, etc.) and key contact people in those agencies – so we can develop a preliminary travel map/ schedule. If you are interested in collaborating with us on hosting a summer event – let’s plan this together.
Please contact Executive Director, Tamara Rubin directly. Put “Summer Lead Safe America Tour” in the subject line of your email to TamaraRubin@mac.com.
Fundraising Goal to Make This Summer Tour Project Happen
50 pre-confirmed locations @ $7,500 sponsorship per location
plus 10 or more additional locations along the route with no sponsor fee
Quick overview of projected use of funds if we could raise $375,000 for this initiative:
- $200,000 estimated completion and distribution budget for film
$60,000 estimated minimum finishing costs
$20,000 estimated Oscar qualifying theatrical run cost
$120,000 estimated Preliminary Run Distribution Costs
~~ theater rentals/ travel costs
~~ poster/ dvd, etc. design, production and distribution
~~ marketing, outreach, promotion – including staff
- $120,000 estimated Lead Safe America Foundation “bus” & related event travel costs (2+ months @ $2,000/day)
- $55,000 estimated related staff salaries: program administration and planning for tour