Top Menu

One Response to Washington State

  1. rad cunningham June 16, 2014 at 3:18 pm #

    The Washington State Dept of Health coordinates elevated blood lead level investigations in collaboration with local county health departments. Each county health department is a little different.

    King county has a good lead investigator and resource. They also have the American Lung Association’s Master Home Environmentalist Program that offers free healthy homes visits.

    The Washington State Department of Commerce has a lead hazard remediation grant that operates in mostly rural counties. They also enforce RRP, and are the reportable agency for RRP violations.

    Region 10 EPA will also provide information and possibly assistance on RRP violations.

    Blue Mountain Action Council is a lead hazard control grantee that does home repair, weatherization, and affordable housing in Columbia, Garfield, and Walla Walla counties.

    OIC of Washington is also a lead hazard control grantee working in Adams, Grant, and Yakima counties.

    The Opportunity council is also a lead hazard control grantee working in Whatcom, Skagit Island, and San Juan counties.

    Lots of city governments in Washington have housing repair programs, too many to list/describe.

    The Washington Information Network 2-1-1 can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 and is a great resource for low income people trying to get out of a lead hazard home or apartment.

    If this list does not meet your needs contact the Washington State Department of Health Lead Line at 1-800-638-2772

Leave a Reply

Designed by Clever Kiwi Web Design